The booming healthcare industry draws much interest from individuals seeking a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant. Although the career provides opportunities to make a difference in patients’ lives, the job can be demanding with intense physical and emotional demands. CNAs have daily contact with patients, and while some patients are helpful and pleasant, others can be rude and aggressive. The workload can seem fast-paced and never-ending, but the human contact and the opportunity to help those in need are compelling motivators for many CNAs. A nursing assistant works under the supervision of a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse. The career may be a stepping-stone to a career in nursing.
Central Texas Nurse Network, Inc
The nurse aide training program at Central Texas Nurse Network provides students with entry-level training for employment in health care. Through a combination of classroom and clinical instruction in safety, infection control, basic physical, psychological needs related to aging, patient care skills, and the principles of nutrition, students achieve the competencies needed to provide basic care to residents in a long-term care facility. The curriculum assigns 60 contact hours for classroom instruction and lab practice and 40 contact hours caring for residents in a long-term care facility. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are eligible to take the Nurse Aide Competency Exam. Classes meet on Monday through Friday for three weeks. There are two schedules available: 8:30 am to 2:30 pm or 4:00 pm to 10:30 pm. Weekend classes meet for five weeks.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to read and write English
- Complete a satisfactory criminal background check
A flexible payment plan is available for all students.
- Website: https://www.nurseaid-training.com/index.php/programs/nurse-aide-training
- Address: 313 E Rundberg #208, Austin, TX 78753
- Phone: (512) 947-5028 947-5028
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rosy Nurse Aide Training Program
The state-approved nurse aide training program at Rosy Nurse Aide Training is a 5-week weekend program that prepares students for success on the Nurse Aide Competency Exam. Topics include communication, residents’ right, safety, observation and reporting, personal care skills, basic nursing skills, restorative techniques, and infection control.
- Must be able to speak and write English
- Complete the health requirements including a negative TB test and health exam
- Provide documentation of up-to-date immunization – Hepatitis B, Varicella, MMR
- Pass a criminal background check
Eligible students may qualify for free training.
- Website: https://rosyhc.com/
- Address: 3724 Airport Blvd, Austin, Texas 78722
- Phone: (512) 251-7555
EZE Learning Center for Healthcare Professionals
Eze Learning Center’s nurse aide program provides 100 clock hours of training, including 60 hours in the classroom and 40 hours of clinical training in a nursing facility. Qualified instructors equip students with the skills, competencies, and concepts to care for residents in long-term care facilities, hospitals, and home health. Topics include infection control, nutrition and hydration, mental health and social services, personal care skills, basic nursing and restorative services, safety and emergency procedures and clinical practice. During the supervised clinical experience, students learn how to use specialized equipment, specialized procedures, and how Texas state laws impact practice. Graduates will be eligible to take the state exam to become a Certified Nurse Aide. Eze Learning Center is an approved regional test site, so graduates can take the test in a familiar environment.
- Must be 16 years or older
- Submit a completed Enrollment Form signed by the student, parent or legal guardian
- Have no felony convictions and records of employee misconduct
- Provide written documentation of immunization – Hepatitis B or waiver and negative TB test
- Must be capable of purchasing the necessary course materials
Apart from tuition, students will need to purchase scrubs, textbook, closed-toed shoes, and watch with a second hand. The tuition must be paid prior to the commencement of class.
- Address: 9411 Parkfield Drive, Suite 310, Austin, Texas 78758
- Phone: (512) 719-3007
- Fax: (512) 719-4080
- Email Us: email@example.com
Austin Community College
Students enrolled in Austin Community College’s nurse aide training learn a range of skills that are critical to basic patient care. Through 100 course hours in the classroom and clinical setting, students learn observation and reporting, residents’ rights, infection control, patient comfort and safety, communication, and restorative skills. Students will spend 60 hours in the classroom and 40 hours at a clinical site. The clinical externship will provide opportunities for students to reinforce the concepts learned in the classroom in a real-world setting. Students must attend all classroom and clinical sessions to graduate from the program. Graduates will be eligible to take the state certification exam to be added to the Nurse Aide Registry. The program is 7 weeks with a fast-track option that runs for 5 weeks.
- Read and review the application packet before applying to the program
- Complete and sign the designated pages
- Complete the HIPAA Training Module online
- Create a student account with CastleBranch – the cost is $30
- Upload the completed immunization form transcribed by a licensed health care provider
- Complete a background check
- Complete a satisfactory TB test
Tuition for the program is $1,110 and does not include expenses for books and fees. A flexible payment plan is available for all students.
- Website: http://continue.austincc.edu/nurseaide
- Address: 5930 Middle Fiskville Rd, Austin Texas 78752
- Phone: (512) 223-7271
Goodwill Career and Technical Academy
With 122 contact hours of classroom and clinical instruction, the nurse aide training program at Goodwill Career and Technical Academy exceeds the state’s requirements. The affordable program equips students with the essential skills needed to provide basic care for patients in just four weeks. The curriculum includes introduction to long-term care, simulated patient environment, basic nursing skills, personal care skills, and clinical practice at a long-term care facility. Graduates are eligible to take the state certification exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. Classes meet Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am to 11:30 am or 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm and Friday from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm.
- Submit documentation of completing a minimum 8th-grade education
- must be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid state photo ID and social security card
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Proof of negative TB test completed within the past year
- Provide proof of household income in the last 30 days
- Proof of residency
Full tuition grants are available for eligible students.
- Website: https://www.goodwillcentraltexas.org/education-job-training
- Address: 1817 East 6th Street, Austin Texas, 78702
- Phone: (512) 499-0481
- Email: GCAadmissions@goodwillcentraltexas.org
Akins Early College High School
The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Program at Akins is approved by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS). The curriculum will include 100 hours of training including 60 hours in the classroom and lab and 40 hours in a nursing home. Experienced instructors will cover effective communication, basic nursing skills, the role and responsibility of the nurse aide, meeting individual resident needs, nutrition, resident comfort and safety, ethical and legal concerns, taking vital signs, positioning and turning, personal care and hygiene, infection control, and body structure and function. The initial coursework will be conducted in the lab on campus followed by clinicals at a local nursing home. The duration of the clinical experiences will be 4 to 5 months beginning in the Fall. The state certification test will be administered in the late Spring. Students must obtain an overall grade of 80 percent to graduate from the program. Graduates will be prepared to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NAAAP) examination for entry-level employment in a long-term care facility.
- Must be a current high school student
- Meet the health requirements including immunization and TB test
Tuition is free.
- Website: https://www.akinseagles.org
- Address: 10701 S 1ST ST, Austin, TX 78748
- Phone: (512)841-9900
- Fax: (512) 841-9903
Healthcare Career Centers Inc.
Healthcare Career Centers Inc offers a state-approved nursing assistant program that prepares students to take the Texas State certification examination. The program includes theory and practical work that will equip students with the skills to make a difference in the lives of others. Healthcare Career Centers offers state-of-the-art facilities, training equipment, and teaching methods. The curriculum covers a total of 100 hours including 60 hours in the classroom and 40 hours at a clinical site. Course topics include basic nursing skills, medical terminology, infection control, vital signs, range of motion exercises, legal and ethical principles, nutrition and feeding, communication and interpersonal relationships, patient rights and independence, patient safety and comfort, mental health, and death and dying. Morning classes meet Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm for 4 weeks. The evening class meets Monday through Friday from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm for 5 weeks.
- Attend a program orientation
- Submit a completed application to the program
- A high school diploma or GED
- Pass a background check
- Provide documentation of immunization
- Pass a TB test
The cost of the program is $1,200. It includes registration, tuition, CPR, scrubs, workbook, and course notebook.
- Website: https://nurse-aides.com/
- Address: 1200 East Palm Valley Blvd. (Hwy 79), Suite 1212, Round Rock, TX. 78664
- Phone: (512) 246-NURSE (6877)
Other state-approved nurse aide training providers Austin, TX:
Buckner Edcuation Center
11110 Tom Adams Dr,
Austin, Texas 78752
Brodie Ranch Nursing & Rehab Center
2102 Frate Barker Road
Austin, Texas 78748
Educatex CNA Training
5800 Manor Rd, Suite B-100
Austin, Texas 78723
Gracy Woods II
12042 Bittern Hollow
Austin, Texas 78758
The Arbor at Westminster Manor
4200 Jackson Ave
5301 West Duval Road
Austin, Texas 78727