Certified Nursing Assistant classes in Spartanburg will prepare you to practice on the front lines of patient care. The training is essential if you enjoy caring for sick, injured or disabled persons and want to work in a long-term care facility. South Carolina requires prospective nursing assistants to complete 100 hours of theory and practical training in preparation for the role and to be added to the South Carolina Nurse Aide Registry. Apart from clinical competency, you’ll need compassion, flexibility, and patience to help patients remain physically and emotionally stable throughout their ordeal. Excellent communication skills are also essential to collaborate with team members and communicate with patients and their families. CNAs assist patients with the activities of daily living, change bedpans, make beds, measure and record vital signs, answer call lights, and assist with rehabilitative treatments under the supervision of a licensed nurse. CNAs work closely with patients and are able to spot changes in their physical and mental health and report critical information to nurses and other supervisors. Training and experience as a nursing assistant may be the first step to a career as a licensed practical nurse or registered nurse. CNAs work in hospitals, clinics, doctors’ offices, and nursing homes.
Spartanburg Community College
Adults who intend to register for the Nursing Assistant Program at Spartanburg Community College must first complete the Verified Credentials process. The program teaches students how to care for people in need. They learn how to measure and record vital signs, practice within the scope for the profession, provide personal care, assist residents with the activities of daily living, turn and position patients, measure fluid intake and output, ensure patient safety, and respect patient rights. Graduates are eligible to apply for the state competency exam for a rewarding career as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Complete TB screening
- Provide documentation of vaccination
- Complete a satisfactory drug screen
- Complete a background investigation
- A flu shot – for clinical conducted between October and March
Tuition costs $899 plus the cost of the books.
- Address: https://www.sccsc.edu/client/coursedetailce.aspx?courseid=914&programid=7828
- Address: 107 Community College Drive, Spartanburg, SC 29303
- Phone (864) 592-4900
- Phone: (877) 592-4408
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare Center
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare Center offers free nursing assistant training for persons interested in a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant. The duration of the program is 5 weeks. In return for the free training, graduates are required to commit to one year of employment at Ellen Sagar Nursing Center. The curriculum includes theory in the classroom and hands-on learning experiences in a skills lab followed by supervised patient care experiences in a skilled nursing facility. Course topics include basic nursing skills, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, patient safety, patient rights and independence, infection control, and patient hygiene.
- A high school diploma or GED
- Be able to speak, read, and write English
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Complete a health assessment – including drug screen and TB clearance
Apart from fee tuition, SRHC will provide books, uniform, and the cost of the Board exam at no cost to accepted students. Graduates will be eligible to sit the CNA exam to be added to the South Carolina Board Registry for employment at Ellen Sagar Nursing Center.
- Website: https://www.spartanburgregional.com/careers/cna-opportunities/
- Address: 101 East Wood Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303
- Phone: 864-560-6000
The Nursing Assistant program at NHC Healthcare prepares adults to provide compassionate, quality, patient-centered care. The program meets state and federal requirements for theory and practical training and clinical training in a skilled nursing facility. Upon completion of the program, graduates will be eligible to take the certification exam to be added to the Nurse Aide Registry. Course topics include but are not limited to infection control, medical terminology, patient rights and independence, safety and emergency procedures, hospice care, Alzheimer’s care, and nutrition.
- Be able to read, speak, and write English
- Obtain criminal background clearance
- Complete a physical assessment include negative TB skin test
- Be able to do simple math equations
- Maintain a positive attitude
Tuition for the program is free, but students must purchase their own uniforms. Graduates may need to commit to one year’s employment with NHC in exchange for the free training.
- Website: http://www.nhcgreenville.com/cnatraining.cfm
- Address: 1305 Boiling Springs Road, Greer, SC 29650
- Phone: (864) 458-7566
- Fax: (864) 288-8043
Ignite Healthcare Institute
The Nurse Aide program at Ignite Healthcare Institute includes 100 hours of training in accordance with state guidelines. Students will cover 60 hours in the classroom and 40 hours of supervised patient care experiences in a skilled nursing facility. At the conclusion of the program, students will be scheduled to take the state exam at Ignite’s facility – within 12 days of completion. Day, evening, and weekend classes are available. The day class meets Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Clinical times are from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm. The night class meets from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. The weekend class meets on Friday from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Be able to read, write, and understand English to the 8th Grade level
- Obtain criminal and abuse background clearance
- Pass a urine drug screen
- Demonstrate good physical and mental health. Be able to lift, push, and pull at least 30 pounds and be able to stand for extended periods.
Tuition for the program is $725.00 and includes workbook, textbook, background check, blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, TB test, urine drug screen, one set of scrubs, CPR certification, and the State Board exam.
- Website: https://www.ignitehealthcareinstitute.com/
- Address: 348 Feaster Rd, Suite F, Greenville, SC 29615
- Phone: 864-458-3590
- Fax: 864-458-3592
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer