The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the world as we knew it. One drastic change is the way we learn. Schools of learning have shifted to online delivery, and healthcare programs are no exception. Traditionally, federal and state mandate that nurse assistant education be conducted in person. Today, the California Department of Public Health, along with other state boards has suspended or amended regulatory requirements for Nurse Assistant Training Programs giving providers the option to conduct nurse aide programs online. The 60 hours of classroom training required by the CDPH can now be provided online or through distance learning. The clinical requirements (100 hours) may also be conducted online virtually -with approval from the Board. Through the provisions facilitated by the state, you can still train and get certified as a Certified Nurse Assistant in these challenging times.
LA Career College
LA Career College facilitates an accredited online CNA program to prepare students for state certification. The theoretical component of the program will be conducted online and will be followed by scheduled clinical rotations in an approved health care facility. Instruction will include all that is needed to function as a competent Certified Nurse Assistant. Students will benefit from online live lectures, videos, review questions, and discussion. The online lectures account for 60 hours of the program. The clinical rotations cover 100 hours of patient care at a partner facility. Students will receive compensation for the internship. At the conclusion of the program, instructors will prepare students for success on the state exam by covering 500 review questions on topics covered throughout the class. LA Career College is an official test center so students have the option to take the exam in a familiar setting. Job placement assistance is available for all graduates. Weekday and weekend classes are available.
- No high school diploma or GED required
- Obtain a negative TB test
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
- Must be at least 18 years old
The program cost of $1,600 includes registration fee, CPR certification, Live Scan, uniforms, e-book, and course material.
- Website: https://www.lacareercollege.com/
- Address: 8978 Tampa Ave., Northridge, CA 91324
- Phone: (818) 766–1000
- Email: Support@LACareerCollege.com
Monrovia Adult School
MCAS offers an online Pre-Certification Nursing Assistant program to prepare adults for certification in the State of California and employment as a CNA. The COVID pandemic has affected the delivery of the traditional on-campus program. Now students can complete the theory portion online through the Learning Management System for curriculum and Zoom for direct instruction. Topics covered include nutrition, measuring and recording vital signs, HIPPA, emergency procedures, the role and responsibility of the nurse aide, communication, infection control, body structure and function, and much more. The hands-on part of the program will be scheduled on campus – not in a skilled nursing facility as in previous times. The California Department of Public Health has approved the delivery of the clinical activities on-campus. Students will have the opportunity to develop skills such as specimen collection, grooming, bathing, CPR, and transferring patients. Graduates will be prepared for success on the state exam.
- Pass a pre-registration assessment
- Must pass a criminal background screening
- Submit a completed application for admission
- Must be 18 years or older
- A high school diploma is not required
The program fee is $2,950. Students may qualify for complete financial aid.
- Website: https://monroviaadultschool.com/
- Address: 920 S. Mountain Ave., Monrovia, CA 91016
- Phone: (626) 471-3035
- Fax: (626) 471-3036
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best American Healthcare College
Best American Healthcare College offers CNA certification training classes online to prepare adults for the workforce during the COVID pandemic. Students can enroll and attend from anywhere in California and complete the theory and hands-on clinicals virtually online. The program may require some live in-person demonstrations. The online delivery is for a limited time only to facilitate training while limiting contact with other students. The theoretical component of the program comprises of 60 hours which will be conducted online. The clinical portion comprises of 100 hours of instruction which will be delivered through a combination of online simulation and in-person sessions. The program is approved by the California Department of Public Health, Licensing and Technician Certification Division. Graduates are eligible to apply to take the state CNA certification exam to practice in long-term care facilities. The duration of the program is 3 weeks.
- A high school diploma or GED is not required
- Submit a completed application for admission
- Must have current CPR certification – available in-person or online at the school
- Provide proof of negative TB test – not older than 60 days prior to enrollment
- Submit a completed physical exam – completed within 60 days of enrollment
The program cost of $2,350 includes uniform, textbook, and state exam. A flexible payment plan is available for all students.
- Website: https://bestamericanhealthed.com/
- Address: 6700 Indiana Avenue Suite 255, Riverside, CA. 92506
- Phone: 951-637-8332
- Alt: 951-394-8881
Santa Ana College – School of Continuing Education
The School of Continuing Education at Santa Ana College prepares students to work on the front lines of patient care under the supervision of a licensed nurse. The hybrid/online nurse aide program covers theory online and hands-on training in person. The 160-hour curriculum will cover the role and responsivity of the nurse aide, body structure and function, infection control, medical terminology, range of motion exercises, patients’ rights and independence, law and ethics, and patient transfers. Instructors will prepare students for success on the Certified Nursing Assistant Board Exam and be licensed as a Certified Nurse Assistant. The duration of the program is 10 weeks.
- Must be at least 18 years old on the first day of class
- Must provide a valid state ID or driver’s license and social security card
- Submit a negative TB test or clear chest x-ray
- Submit a physical exam indicating good health
- Complete a satisfactory background check – (Livescan fingerprints)
- Must have current certification for BLS/CPR for Healthcare Professionals
A flexible payment plan is available for all students.
- Website: https://www.sac.edu/Pages/default.aspx
- Address: 1530 W. 17th Street Santa Ana, CA 92706-3398
- Phone: (714) 564-6000